Sunday, May 25, 2008

#95 Visit my Mom on her birthday

Today(Sat. 24th), i went to visit my Mom on her birthday. It was a beautiful spring day out and there could not have been a more perfect day for my Mom's birthday. The day was perfect, set aside the one fact that still revels pain in my heart. My mom passed away just a day after her 66th birthday, but it was a day that she always loved. She loved the spring time of the year with everything blooming full of life, but she was not around this year to enjoy seeing new life spring up from the abyss of winter. She was a healthy woman, who feared dying from cancer, yet she got stricken with pneumonia and succombed to that illness some 26 days later. For we know not what lies ahead of us each day, but we know two things in life are certain. We are born into this world, and death we will all face. I sat down beside Mom and talked to her for about a half hour. It was refreshing and i felt good that i was able to visit with her. I wished her a happy birthday anyway, for her to celebrate in heaven. Until i am able to tell her again myself.

No comments: